Honestly, I’m extremely excited for today’s instruction as a result of I’ve been experimenting with coconut flour a small amount additional of late. i spotted that just about all my healthy baking recipes involve almond or oat flour, and that i solely have one with coconut flour (this wonderful coconut flour banana bread!).
The reason? Baking with coconut flour may be difficult and it takes thusme experimenting to induce recipes simply right! however it’s American state so worthwhile as a result of it offers a texture that’s a small amount softer and additional dense than ancient flour and also the flavor is awful. and that i love that it adds a touch of natural sweetness to food while not a large amount of coconut flavor, creating it a good choice for baking, though you’re not wanting to create a coconut seasoned sweet.
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (optional)*
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Stir together coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add coconut flour, salt, and baking soda until mixture is combined. It may seem a little loose at first but the dough will begin to thicken as the coconut flour soaks up the liquid. Stir in chocolate chips, if using.
- Scoop dough using a cookie scoop and press into a cookie shape with your fingers.
- Place cookies on the baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until the bottom and edges of the cookies are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Allow to cool on the pan, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely and enjoy!
- Store cookies in an air-tight container at room temp or in the refrigerator. Cookies will last much longer (up to 7 days) stored in the refrigerator. I personally really like how they taste straight from the fridge.