Peppermint patties were invariably a childhood favorite of mine. That intense minty style as you bit into the chocolate shell was invariably an agreeable one.
And it’s a amazingly simple one to recreate in an exceedingly healthy, sugar-free method. Shockingly simple, to be honest. I don’t recognize why I don’t have these around ALL the time. My children love them too, that is additional incentive on behalf of me.
This sugar free peppermint patties direction is truly one in every of my favorites out of simple Keto Desserts. It’s the primary direction within the book, and it’s an ideal direction for showcasing however simple it’s to create your own healthy treats. i made a decision it might be fun to try and do a video for it similarly.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil slightly softened
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (or the thick part from a can of coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 1 – 2 tsp peppermint oil or extract (depends on how minty you like it)
- 3 ounces sugar free dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 ounce cocoa butter (or 1 tbsp coconut oil)
- In a medium bowl, beat the coconut oil and coconut cream together until smooth. Beat tin the powdered sweetener and 1 teaspoon of the peppermint extract. Taste and add more extract if desired.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed or parchment paper. Dollop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture onto the paper and spread out to a 1 1/2 inch circle. Repeat with the remaining mixture and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, melt the chocolate and cacao butter together, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Working with one frozen patty at a time, drop into the melted chocolate and toss to coat. Lift out with a fork and tap firmly on the side of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.
- Place on a wax or parchment paper lined tray and let set. Repeat with the remaining patties.