Pineapple Chicken and Rice Dinner formula. Tender chicken medium in an exceedingly sweet pineapple honey metropolis sauce and served over rice.
It is time for dinner! it’s perpetually nice to possess a chicken dinner formula accessible. particularly an easy one with common ingredients. I generally serve this chicken formula over rice which is it! No different sides square measure required. If I do add a facet it’s steamed broccoli or a vegetable pastiche.
- 1 and half pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can 20 oz. sliced pineapple save the juice for the sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 servings of cooked rice.
- Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat brown the chicken in the vegetable oil.
- Drain pineapple slices and reserve the juice.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 oz. of the pineapple juice and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining juice with mustard, honey, and garlic.
- Add dijon mixture to the pan, reduce heat and cover.
- Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pan.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat and return chicken to the pan. Flip chicken in the pan to get it nice and coated with the sauce.
- Add pineapple slices to pan (on top of chicken and around the chicken) cover for 2-3 minutes to allow pineapple to heat through.
- Serve over rice.